#1 By: How, September 11th, 2017 09:29
I have Jarvis Landry, Odell Beckham, and a bunch of players who underperformed this week. In addition, I have Danny Woodhead, who was looking like his usual self until he went off with a hamstring injury. A few questions:
- After seeing his volume and talents, do I target Corey Davis in a trade? Would Jarvis Landry be a fair offer? It's a keeper league, and I'm starting to think Davis could be a stud keeper. It's a PPR league in which we start 3 to 4 WRs.
- Do I try to keep Danny Woodhead, or do I drop him for one of Tarik Cohen, Buck Allen, Giovani Bernard, or Shane Vereen?
- Do I have to give up on Duke Johnson? He really didn't get much play... at this point, I'm thinking he'll never get a real shot on the Browns.
#2 By: Steven, September 11th, 2017 10:50
I'll chime in regarding points 2 and 3. and add a 4th.
(2) I'm personally okay with dropping Woodhead. That's the whole point of drafting an antifragile roster is so that you aren't married to any particular RB. I like Cohen -> Gio -> Allen -> Vereen.
(3) Duke is interesting because some variables have changed from the last two years. Position "switch" to slot, QB change to Kizer. I have to imagine there will be more negative game script for the Browns in the future, but even then, being the 3rd "receiver" on a Browns offense doesn't excite me too much.
(4) What do we think of Kenny Britt's dud? Coleman seems to be the feature as of right now, albeit on a one-game sample. Would you consider dropping him in PPR for any of the following: Hurns, Lee, Kupp, Amendola, Agholor?
Trying not to jump to too many conclusions after WK1, but the time to be active on the wire / buy-low is now.
#3 By: How, September 11th, 2017 11:04
I'd consider dropping Britt for Hurns, then Agholor, then Lee. I think it's become pretty clear that Britt is the second target in Cleveland, after Coleman has been targeted substantially more than Britt in the preseason and in week 1. It'd be one think if Britt got 7 targets and only connected for 1 or 2. But 3 targets don't add up to promising usage.
#4 By: Regression From the Mean, September 11th, 2017 11:29
I was watching that Pittsburgh-Cleveland game and I remember Duke Johnson getting injured at some point, and before that he seemed to be getting decent % of snaps. I wouldn't overreact to one week with him, but to your point about not being married to RBs if you see someone better go for it.